Managed Service Provider, otherwise known as an MSP, can sometimes be a confusing to the business who doesn’t know too much about Information Technology. Some business owners may have no hint of Managed Services at all. In this article, we will provide a comprehensive list of Managed Services Provider Definitions & FAQ.
Definition of Managed Services Provider:
An Managed Services Provider (or MSP) is comprised of a team of Information Technology (IT) experts who provide a defined set of IT services to it’s clients for a fixed monthly fee.
In today’s technology industry standard, many companies may claim to be a Managed Service Provider. To help better understand what makes a company a true MSP, I’ve laid out some thoughts below on how to distinguish between an actual MSP and not.
Lets get a little more in-depth.
Managed Service Experts
When first researching what a MSP is, you’ll find that one of the defining characteristics of a true MSP is that they are a team of “IT Experts.” When shopping around for a MSP, you’ll want to know their credentials, certifications and IT experience. It is extremely vital that the MSP is able to both readily handle any technical IT related issue but who also plans for an successful IT future.
When deciding on an MSP, it is highly recommended that you ask how many IT technicians will be servicing your account. Lastly, you’ll want to know what type of technical skills and specifications these IT professionals bring to your company.
Another important defining factor of an MSP is the fixed monthly cost. This is often seen as one of the many advantages of an Managed Service Provider. A fixed monthly cost gives a business the dependability of knowing what exactly the next Information Technology bill will be.
Below are services that are often included in this type of monthly fee:
- 24/7/365 Network Monitoring
- 24/7/365 Support Help Desk
- OS & Software Updates, Patch Management
- On-site/Remote Backup Monitoring
- Spyware Monitoring & Removal
- Vendor Liaisons
- Executive Audit Reports
- Email Address Management
- On-site Audit & Meetings with MSP Lead Engineers
- On-site/Remote Support for each Computer (End-point)
- Uptime Protection
- & More
A Future-Proof MSP Partner
Finally, any Managed Service Provider will plan and build a future-proof infrastructure from the beginning. They should be capable of building a better IT future for your business. It is very important that your MSP provide a blueprint and documentation about how they plan on improving the current IT.
In addition, the MSP should be able to tell you how they plan on maintaining an optimal long-term IT system.
Managed Services Provider Definitions & FAQ
What is a Managed Service Provider?
- An Managed Services Provider (or MSP) is comprised of a team of Information Technology (IT) experts. These professionals provide a defined set of IT services to it’s clients for a fixed monthly fee.
What Information Technology Roles does a Managed Services Provider provide for my Business?
- A knowledgable & successful MSP can provide expertise in Improving your IT, Securing your IT, Building your IT, and Supporting your IT.
The benefits of a Managed Service Provider?
- An MSP often times have more resources, tools, professional IT expertise, and processes that most Businesses can’t match with an in-house IT solution. An MSP should be able to deliver more dependable, reliable, and stable IT solutions.
Doe’s my business even need a Network Assessment?
- A thorough Network Assessment is extremely important. The Assessment enables us to gauge the status of the current network and infrastructure. When we conduct a Network Assessment, we analyze technical and operational aspects of your network. We capture and analyze issues, threats, risks, and any concern that may jeopardize your environment.
- Think of this type of Network Assessment as an X-Ray. After the comprehensive scan, we will be able to see all the fractures, breaks, and any vulnerability that may be of risk.
What does my business receive after a Network Assessment?
- The comprehensive SADOS Network Assessment results in three detailed analyses. These include:
- A detailed data report gathered using our data evaluation tool
- A detailed risk report
- A complete system overview report
As a Maryland Managed Service Provider, SADOS offers a team of IT professionals with a deep understanding of any IT-related function. SADOS welcomes you to contact us for a Free Business Consultation if you are interested in finding out more. Please do not hesitate to call, email, or simply stop by our office.