These instructions will show you how to remove the Outlook profile from the Windows Registry. This is especially useful when you are experiencing pop-up prompts asking for a username and password.
This procedure can also fixed the issue involving the error “The profile name you entered already exists. Enter a different profile name” when creating a new profile in Outlook.
Please note that this procedure is to be done at your own risk.
- In Windows 8 or later, right-click on the Start button and then choose Run. (Windows Key + R)
- In the search box or Run window, type in regedit, then press Enter.
- Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER> Software> Microsoft> Office> 15.0> Outlook> Profiles – (15.0 is the example version used in this tutorial. You will need to go to the version of Office that you have installed)
- Right click on the folder with your profile name and click Delete. When prompted click on Yes.
- Close everything out and restart your computer.