The IT help desk is a cost-effective and efficient way to keep your company’s computer systems up and running. A team of trained technicians will be on call at all times, ready to answer questions and offer solutions for any IT needs that arise.
IT help desk services can also provide ongoing management of your system, including monitoring hardware performance, providing user support, installing new software packages, keeping track of updates and patches, handling backup procedures, etc. This ensures you won’t have to worry about the many aspects of maintaining an effective computer network—the team from the IT help desk will take care of it for you.
However, with so much work involved in managing a network, it can quickly become overwhelming without some assistance. The article will explore how a managed service provider can help you with a reliable IT help desk and why they can offer it.
What is an IT Help Desk?
An IT help desk is a support department of an organization that deals with the servicing of computer hardware, software, and related peripherals. A central hub where queries are lodged by users who need technical assistance on using new equipment, upgrading their systems, or getting rid of viruses.
Typically IT help desk services include:
- Hardware Installation – installing and configuring computer hardware components such as modems, printers, network cards, or hard disks.
- Software Installation – installing and configuring computer software components such as operating systems, file transfer utilities, or encryption.
- Data Transfer – transferring data from an old system to a new one.
- Removal of Viruses – viruses can have a destructive effect on your business by corrupting software data, overwriting essential documents, and redirecting business data to unintended sources.
- Hardware Repair – repairs and maintenance of computer hardware such as monitors, keyboards, and printers.
- Software Troubleshooting – troubleshooting software issues such as boot failures, file corruption, or other incompatibilities with hardware or software can be addressed by the IT help desk to get your business up and running again.
- Operating System Upgrades – upgrades to the latest releases with additional tools and features to offer a more efficient work environment.
Your company’s IT help desk will have a team of knowledgeable, trained technicians ready to answer your questions and offer solutions for any IT needs that arise.
Types of IT Help Desk Services
There are two primary IT help desk services: the managed service provider and the in-house help desk. The managed service providers will take care of all your computer needs on an outsourced basis whereas, with an in-house IT help desk, you are responsible for everything.
Six key benefits of having a managed IT help desk include;
- An IT help desk is usually the quickest source of help with IT problems.
- They will fix computer issues at your place of business so you won’t have to take time away from work.
- The costs involved in having an in-house IT department are significantly higher than employing a managed service provider.
- Having an IT help desk will ensure that your business runs smoothly.
- You don’t need to invest in expensive hardware and software licensing fees with an outsourced IT service. In addition, essential maintenance is provided along with all new equipment for installation purposes.
- A managed service provider can offer customized services to meet your company’s growing technology needs.
How Can A Managed Service Provider Help You?
Many businesses are turning to IT-managed service providers to help with their computer needs because it’s much more affordable than having an in-house IT department.
By hiring a well established MSP, you will receive personal management of your networks and systems by offering customized services which include:
- Ensuring security and compliance with your company’s standards.
- Upgrades to current hardware and software.
- Complete outsourced IT environment for your business.
Some of the benefits of using an MSP are having a dedicated support team available 24/7 to handle all kinds of issues ranging from network security to data back-ups and from hardware repairs to disaster recovery planning.
In-House IT vs. MSP IT Help Desk Services
You’ll have more control over your IT with an in-house IT department, but the costs involved make this option impractical for many small to medium-sized businesses. By opting to use a managed service provider, you will be able to access the most technologically advanced equipment and support for around half of what it would cost if employing an in-house IT staff.
With both options, you can expect your network to be secure, with access limited to only those who need it, and for virus protection software to be installed on all computers. The primary difference between an in-house IT department and a managed service provider is that the MSP will handle all your computer needs under one roof.
When Is An IT Help Desk Necessary?
An in-house IT help desk will only be necessary if your business expands and you find that managing issues takes too much time. On the other hand, you may choose to hire an in-house team if you are experiencing frequent computer problems or your company works with sensitive data that needs to be kept safe.
It will be essential for you to hire knowledgeable and trustworthy individuals who are well-versed in all areas of computer technology. For the most part, it’s best to leave your IT support in the hands of an established MSP unless security is your major concern or you find yourself spending more time fixing issues than you can afford.
Let SADOS Manage Your Company’s IT Help Desk
In conclusion, the IT help desk has become a critical part of many businesses today. It can offer assistance with any computer problems that arise instantly without disrupting your daily routine.
Having a professional service such as an MSP manage all your company’s IT needs can save you time and money and offer a more sensible solution for your computer problems.
Are you looking for an experienced MSP for your organization? Then, contact SADOS today and see how our extensive array of IT services and solutions can help your company!