Managed IT services are a type of managed service that an IT company offers. The company will take care of all your technology needs, from the setup and installation to ongoing maintenance and support, including hardware upgrades and disaster recovery.
In return for this service, you pay a monthly or annual fee. This arrangement can be very attractive because it takes away the burden of constantly worrying about how to keep your systems up-to-date with the latest updates and patches or whether there’s sufficient backup in place in case something goes wrong with one of your computers.
Plus, when you have a managed IT services provider on board who knows what they’re doing, they can save money for their clients by recommending which new technologies to purchase rather than simply installing the most expensive hardware and software to keep the IT infrastructure up-to-date.
This article will explore what IT managed services are and how your company can benefit from them.
What is an MSP?
A managed service provider, or MSP, is a company that takes care of your technology needs from small companies to large conglomerates. They focus on managing your entire IT infrastructure rather than simply providing you with software licenses. For the MSP to manage all of your technology needs, they must have a large support team trained on an array of different systems.
This can be a massive benefit to businesses. They will only need to work with one company for all their needs rather than several companies specializing in software licenses, hardware sales, system administration, and more.
Why Are MSPs Becoming So Popular?
Technology is now more complex than ever before, and companies need to utilize IT professionals who can handle all their needs. When your company focuses on using talented IT experts, you will grow your business by saving on unnecessary costs. Furthermore, this allows your team to focus more time on important services to your customers and have peace of mind knowing that they will handle any technical issues quickly and effectively.
MSPs handle the day-to-day tasks of IT management such as:
- Network design and implementation
- Manage hardware
- Manage software
- Manage email
- Monitor security
- Offer technical support
- Troubleshoot software problems
- Upgrade hardware
By carefully choosing your MSP, you will be giving yourself the chance to focus on running your business while relying on a skilled group of professionals who can handle all technology issues. So get in touch with an MSP like SADOS today to see how they can help your company and its operations.
What Can an MSP Do For My Company?
A managed IT service provider will give you access to two major types of services: basic IT support and advanced IT management services. Basic IT support is when a network expert manages day-to-day technical issues such as helping you install new equipment, configuring software, and restoring files when a computer crashes.
Advanced IT management services will offer a more in-depth look at your technology needs by taking care of all issues from the planning stages to ensuring that your workstations are running smoothly.
An MSP can save you money by:
- Notifying you when new equipment is needed, so you don’t have to spring for the latest technology every time you face an issue.
- Recommending different technologies that can save your company money without sacrificing performance,
- Providing round-the-clock support, so you never have to worry about working with a new team if something goes wrong in the middle of the night, and
- Make sure your systems are secure by hiring a team of experts to install new software and protect your network from viruses, spyware, hackers, and any other security threats you might face.
Why You Should Switch To An MSP
When it comes down to it, working with an IT MSP can benefit your company in many ways as they give you the tools you need. Additionally, you can use managed IT services to complement an organization’s existing infrastructure by adding new capabilities and improving reliability and performance without the high cost of building and managing everything in-house.
MSPs offer a wide range of managed services. In many cases, their service starts with monitoring the performance of your IT environment and quickly evolves to include preventative maintenance tasks. As time goes on, they often become more involved in your business, offering solutions to help you improve productivity until they essentially operate your entire IT department.
What Are The Benefits Of Using Managed IT Services?
Managed IT services are beneficial to both large businesses and startups, as well as newcomers and established ones.
Some of the advantages of employing managed services include:
- Skilled Technicians – Managed services might be helpful for teams that don’t have the time, skills, or experience to manage certain commercial activities on their own or choose to focus their efforts elsewhere. Relying on an expert to provide a service allows your employees to focus on innovation rather than routine chores.
- Savings – Variable cloud costs can lead to steep savings. Many managed services are linked to variable cloud expenses. These services may help you save money on personnel and training. Other managed services are charged according to a set monthly rate. Using a managed service rather than developing the capacity in-house might be less expensive, and the expenditures will be more predictable, which is
- Reliability – Because the managed service provider is in charge of keeping the service up at all times, you may sleep better at night knowing that there will be no outages. The service level agreement (SLA) stipulates what to expect and when to expect it, so you know exactly what to anticipate and when it will occur. It’s easy to shed one more person from the organization, but focusing on delivering their service may be difficult. Instead, MSPs can devote all of their attention to perfecting the delivery of certain services. This implies concentrating on the health and security of the service and patching and upgrading it when required.
SADOS Will Manage Your IT Needs
SADOS is an experienced MSP that manages and protects your network for you, allowing your team to focus on what matters: your business. We provide an array of services ranging from IT management to complete connected cloud solutions.
If you’re looking to learn more about managed IT services or anything else that we offer, contact us today for a free quote on any of our services!